Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Extreme Beer article.. and another review

This is an interesting article in the New York Times about extreme beer. I have read a lot about these American beers that push the boundaries (as well as sampling a few) and find it has fans and detractors in equal measure. Ask me another day and I'll probably say something different but today I reckon they have a place. It's good to challenge the status quo. Local Beertender James brought a bottle of Stone Ruination I.P.A back from LA last week and I haven't tasted anything (literally) since! As you can imagine, the aroma was floral, piney and fruity but while the flavor wasn't over the top.

Also, Deck of Secrets ran a nice piece on us on the front page of their website yesterday. I think we'll get our own card in their popular Bar Secrets card decks which would be kinda cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment