Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fat Yak finally on tap


The fattest Yak I could find on the web.

After months of anticipation, Matilda Bay's new Fat Fak (US-style) Pale Ale was launched last Wed and was tapped @ The Taphouse yesterday. I was in Sydney so couldn't make the Melbourne launch but I hear a long and fun day was had by all. I haven't yet tasted this final version (I was lucky enough to try two earlier brews) so I'm looking forward to checking it out. Any other reviews are welcome. MB kinda have two APAs now with the original Alpha Pale Ale and this new, less robust, version of the Alpha which is designed to compete with Little Creatures Pale Ale..

PS. 15/11. Fat Yak is FLYING out the door.. definitely our fastest selling showcase beer out of the 120 we've had since we opened.

1 comment:

  1. I just got home from the local now n i can still taste the fat yak in my mouth. I like it!! I'd kinda describe it as this almost unusual fruity type beer taste, its great i didnt mind it at all, may i ask where its made??

    ReplyDelete