Saturday, August 1, 2009

A beer in a tiny Madrid bar with the Guinness world record for the biggest beer selection in the smallest place!

Perusing the menu.
1st drink (of several) - Schneider Weiss.

Now that I'm back at work and it seems like I was never away (!), thankfully I have some photos to remind that I really WAS away.

Here's a few from a place I visited in Madrid, Spain. Cerveceria Oldenburg is a tiny place whose main claim to fame is that it holds a Guinness World Record as having the biggest beer selection in the smallest place! Needless to say, it was full of people - all 25 of us..

It had 11 draft taps (poured into proper glassware) and, from what I could tell, about 100 plus bottles. Most of the beers listed were great but they did have some dodgy choices, seemingly just to say they had a beer from that country (Fosters from Australia is one example!).. Only a few from Spain due their regrettable lack of great breweries.


No comments:

Post a Comment