Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Book now for St Kilda Ale Stars Road Trip to Beechworth & Bright!
After the fun and successful St Kilda Ale Star road trip to the Yarra Valley in April last year, we hope to better it this year with a 2 day/1 night brewery and sightseeing visit to Beechworth, Victoria's best preserved gold rush town and Bright, the gateway to the Victorian Alps.
Everyone is welcome (you don't need to be a Ale Star member or attendee of the sessions). Here's the planned itinerary:
* Bus leaves St Kilda 9.30am – drive to Beechworth: (3 hours 15 mins)
* Lunch at Bridge Road Brewery inc tour of brewery by Head Brewer Ben Kraus
* Afternoon free (to appreciate more beer?)
* Dinner at Tanswell's Commercial Hotel (owned by Ben Kraus) – Bridge Rd beers on tap plus possible other regional beers on tap too.
* Spend night in Beechworth
* Drive to Yackandandah (20 mins) for sight seeing
* Drive via Mt Beauty (50 mins) to Bright (30 mins) - visit brewery and have lunch
* Drive back to St Kilda (3¾ hours) - arriving by 7pm
Itinerary is subject to change!
The confirmed dates are Saturday and Sunday September 11/12th.
The cost is only $150 per person which includes minibus transport (2 minibusses with drivers Justin and Guy!), petrol, accommodation (2 per room) at the lovely The Latrobe Beechworth (if your a single and want your own room it's an extra $60) and a cooked breakfast. Lunches, dinners and beer are at your own expense (so you can have as much as you desire). ANY SURPLUS FUNDS WILL BE PUT ACROSS THE BAR ON THE SATURDAY NIGHT!
As a minibus holds 12 people including the driver, we're going to open up one bus at a time for bookings. The second bus will need a minimum of 6 or so to be viable so... don't wait around.