Tuesday, February 1, 2011
The Great Australian Beer SpecTAPular - beer lineup revealed!
As Big Kev would say - We're excited!
On Feb 12th, The Great Australian Beer SpecTAPular (GABS) will see 20 beers from 22 breweries around the country on tap. Almost all have been brewed just for GABS with a handful a brewery's new seasonal. All will never have been on tap anywhere in the country before the event.
Here's the final lineup:
* Original Fassbier - Kellerbier matured on roasted oak chips (Last Drop, WA, 4.6%)
* Cucumber Sandwich - Summer Ale (Mountain Goat, VIC, 4.2%)
* kb - Kriek Berliner Weisse served through morello cherries (Wig & Pen, ACT, 4.3%)
* Organic Blueberry Hefeweizen (Otway Estate, VIC, 5%)
* Belgian Raspberry Wit (Kooinda, VIC, 5.5%)
* Fanny Gertrude's Anzac Bickie Beer - Oats, coconut and vanilla ale (Burleigh Brewing, QLD, 5%)
* Red Relief (Stone & Wood, NSW, 4.7%)
* Cherry Bomb - Cherry and coconut porter (True South, VIC, 5%)
* Quince Ale (Lobethal and Brew Boys Collaboration, SA, 5.6%)
* Zephyr - Double White Ale (Doctors Orders Brewing, NSW, 5.6%)
* Chocolate Chilli Porter (Hunter, NSW, 5.8%)
* 2 Hills Maibock (Collaboration between Hargreaves Hill and Red Hill Breweries, VIC, 6.8%)
* Wee Heavy (4 Pines, 7.8%)
* Rye IPA (Mash, WA)
* Karma Citra - Black IPA showcasing the Citra hop (Feral, WA, 5.9%)
* Lemon Myrtle IPA (Jamieson, VIC, 7%)
* The Secret Romance of Herman van Rompuy and Cherry Poppens - Belgian style Flanders red (Moondog, VIC, 7.3%)
* The Empress - Imperial Mocha Porter (Holgate, VIC, 10%)
* Big Red Rocket - Imperial Red Ale (Bridge Road, VIC, 9%)
* Imperious - Imperial Belgian Blond Ale (Murrays, NSW, 11%)
The bells ring and the doors open at midday (but don't dawdle as supplies are traditionally limited). Entry is $2 (more if you're feeling generous as we are donating all door proceeds to the official flood appeal). Like all SpecTAPulars, there will be tasters as well as larger sizes. There will also be food and entertainment.